Update 13/08/20- The Scottish Government have now given permission for Health and Social Care Partnerships to re-open day services where it is safe to do so. Initially priority will be given to people that have been identified as most in need for a variety of reasons and those that are presently not accessing other services.
We are excited to announce that Parklea have been identified as a service provider that can now re-open and we are busy putting together a programme of activities that will start as soon as possible. We are working closely with Inverclyde HSCP to make sure safety guidelines are being followed and our completed risk assessment is now available to read on our website. Although things will look a little different to usual we have lots of ideas based around horticulture, art and environmental activities, to encourage much needed social interaction whilst all the time being mindful of distancing rules and hygiene. We are lucky that we have so much outside space and able to keep glasshouses well ventilated!
• The guidelines require that sessions are broken into am or pm only with no-one staying for lunch. This minimises food and hygiene issues as well as reducing the need to use toilet facilities. The cafe will remain closed.
• All staff, clients and support staff that enter the site will have their temperature taken with infra-red thermometers. Contact details will be taken and everyone will be signed in at each session in case Track and Trace is required. (This will not apply to customers).
• Where possible we will have fixed teams/partnerships during a session. This will separate groups into smaller numbers to limit contact and enable social distancing to be better maintained.
• We have bought 6 gazebos in different colours that will be used to zone areas in which people are working- each area will have a bucket of tools with coloured tape round them matching the gazebo. These will stay within that zone and get cleaned after each group.
• We have purchased Perspex screens that will be fixed between workstations to encourage safe social interaction whilst working in a group.
• A number of battery-operated automatic hand sanitizers have been purchased and these will be positioned around the site.
• All areas will be cleaned after each session as well as regular cleaning of touch points, toilets and high traffic areas.
Staff are really looking forward to welcoming clients back to Parklea and maybe seeing some new faces too! We do want to be as open as possible with everything we are doing so will make sure any new information is made available to the public as it arises.