The latest government advice is for Health and Social Care facilities to maintain operations where possible. The service we provide to the adults and young people in our community with additional support needs is fundamental to maintaining some normality to their routine as well as supporting both their own and their families mental health and well-being at this challenging time.
We recognise that our partners within the social care system are experiencing a strain on their resources and we will continue to work together to be able to support those in our community who need us most. Our secluded natural environment gives us the benefit to be able to offer space, fresh air and a place for respite from the difficult circumstances we are all experiencing.
We continue to follow health and safety advice and we are doing this by:
– Using all up to date hygiene recommendations.
– Regular deep cleaning of toilets, communal areas and hand tools.
– Working with families and care agencies to identify those most at risk and keeping them at home.
– Maintaining social distancing by working individually or in small groups and utilising the space we have to separate workstations and working areas.
– Keeping the cafe closed and taking away the self serve element, but providing drinks and light refreshments on request that can be taken and consumed within our grounds.
-Encouraging clients and staff to bring packed lunches.
We appreciate the value of a supported natural environment now more than ever and will do our best to continue to operate for as long as possible.
We have been coming up with some creative and exciting ideas to allow us to continue to support our community as well as provide plants to our loyal customers – details of this will follow in later posts.
Stay safe! The team at Parklea